"Personal Information" is information that is personally identifiable like names, addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
"Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Personal Information We Collect
- If you register for the Services and create an account ("Account") to become a Member, we collect your full name, e-mail address, and gender which you may provide through your Facebook account. We also collect your phone number and address which are needed to ensure we can link you to your Employer's allowance and benefits and to ensure your access to the Merchants' products and services that you select.
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) your e-mail.
Personal Information Collected Via Technology
As you use the Services through our Site, certain information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (IP) address and the browser that you use to visit the Site. Company also stores a small text file called a "Cookie" on your computer to store your login information (if any) and your personal preferences for the Services. The Company may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). While you will still be able to use the Services if you disable Cookies in your browser, certain parts of the Services may not function as effectively. As you access the Services through a mobile device, we may collect specific device information about your mobile device. Information collected may include the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information which may include your mobile phone number. This information may be associated with your Account and used to customize the Services for you.
Since the foregoing information may be collected when you are signed into the Services, this information may be associated by us with Personal Information that we have collected from you.
We also have third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
Personal Information From Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from outside the Site, such as telephone, fax, or mail. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via the Services.
Use Of Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information you provide to:
- Administer your account with us, deliver our Services and customize the Services we provide to you.
- Respond to your inquiries or customer service requests.
- Verify and update your balances, permissions and other applicable parameters through your Organization.
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the App.
- In order to deliver our Services, we may share information with third parties who are not Merchants or Employers. For example, to process our payments to Merchants, we may share some of your information with the Merchants' payment processing companies.
In general, information (including Personal Information) you submit to us is used by us to provide you and others with the Services, to respond to requests that you make, to improve our Services and to better tailor the features, performance and support of the Services.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may also create Anonymous Information on how you use the Services. We may use this Anonymous Information for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance the Services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose any Anonymous Information at our discretion.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the Services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our users (the processing of payments, the submission of e-mail communications on Company's behalf and the providing of customer service). However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
Universities, Employers, or your specific organization will be able to track your use of the Services. If you are a Member of Chek through your Organization's participation in the Services, then your organization will be able to see the status of the balances, permissions, transactions and other data available in your Account. Group level data will be displayed to the Organization but the Organization can also compare individuals to their group.
We may also disclose personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Access and Choices Regarding Personal Information
Individuals who seek access to, or seek to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should review their Account information or direct their query to the Chek.
Your Information Choices
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information by accessing your Account information.
- Choose what information you make available through contacting Chek.
- Control the messages you receive from Chek, other Users, and Merchants, and how these messages are sent.
- Change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our Site and the App.
- Tell us to close your Chek Account
- Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us through the Chek Site or App or by emailing us at.
When we delete information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives as de-identified data.
We will retain the personal data we process for as long as needed to provide our Services to you and to maintain compliance with our agreements with necessary organizations. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Links to Other Web Sites
With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name on our Site. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via one of the methods listed below.
Privacy of Minors
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under the age of 13.
Company has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no company, including Company, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.